List:       xvid-devel
Subject:    Re: [XviD-devel] motion compensation->inter4v->BFRAMES->chroma bug?
From:       "Marc FD" <marcfd () free ! fr>
Date:       2002-08-22 12:21:02

----- Message d'origine -----
De : "Christoph Lampert" <chl@math.uni-bonn.de>
À : <xvid-devel@xvid.org>
Envoyé : jeudi 22 août 2002 11:33

> On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Marc FD wrote:
>

> > I can do some screen-shots, give an .avi with the problematics passages
(in
> > vertical only or horizontal only motion !!!!) or give you more info if
you
> > need.
> > a another version without BFRAMES activated did not create artifacts...
> > I've tried to add frame_drop_ratio support (in core & vfw) without
BFRAMES
> > flag, but it's harder than i thought.....
>
> Disable the image-based iterpolation (#ifdef BFRAMES) part in
> motion_comp.c for chroma components.
>
> maybe that'll help...

was already disabled with a comment. block based chroma interpolation caused
the bug

but now, when i disable the comments, and use the image-based interpolation
(image based interpolation = halfpel, right ???)

??!!?? THE BUG IS GONE ??!!??

Strange and weird that doing exactly the opposite of what you said fixed
this bug.
and i gained 4 kbytes over the buggy build ...

totally lost,
MarcFD  marc.fd@libertysurf.fr

PS : i was using max_bframes = -1
PS2 : the bug is not in vertical only & horizontal only MBs, it was just an
impression in playback, but when i checked, the vectors, i saw i was wrong.
I think it's not in ME bug but in MC.