List:       xul-talk
Subject:    Re: [xul-talk] Prior Art For Microsoft's XUL Patent Uncovered
From:       Ian Hickson <ian () hixie ! ch>
Date:       2003-12-12 18:08:55

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Gerald Bauer wrote:

> If you missed the news the United States Patent and Trademark Office
> (uspto.gov) just granted Microsoft a patent on XUL.

In the interests of accuracy, I'll just point out that actually the patent
explicitly only covers HTML applications, not XML-based applications, let
alone XUL-based applications.

I am not a lawyer of course, if you are concerned that this patent might
apply to your work you are encouraged to seek your own legal counsel.

Cheers,