List:       xsl-list
Subject:    Re: [xsl] indenting maps on write
From:       "Graydon graydon () marost ! ca" <xsl-list-service () lists ! mulberrytech ! com>
Date:       2024-04-04 14:57:28

On Thu, Apr 04, 2024 at 02:47:57PM -0000, Piez, Wendell A. (Fed) \
wendell.piez@nist.gov scripsit:
> Hating to sound like a broken record (who else knows what I'm talking about?), I \
> can't help but notice that Graydon basically needs an XML parse that doesn't \
> perform attribute value normalization.
> Couldn't that too be done using iXML? His processor would pick up a text file, \
> parse it using an iXML grammar for XML (without attribute value normalization) to \
> find the tags and attributes, rewrite and normalize accordingly, then retag it \
> again going out.

I'm pretty sure that could be done with iXML, but:
    - I'm already using iXML in production to check generated phrases for
      conformance to a grammar
    - that was MUCH simpler than a generalized XML parser seems likely to be
    - it was still a lot of work
    - I doubt I can convince my boss it's work I should be doing

-- Graydon

--
Graydon Saunders  | graydonish@fastmail.com
Þæs oferéode, ðisses swá mæg.