List:       xsl-list
Subject:    Re: [xsl] where did doc-available() come from?
From:       David Carlisle <davidc () nag ! co ! uk>
Date:       2012-05-21 18:38:10

On 21/05/2012 18:08, Mark Giffin wrote:
> In my 2004 version of XPath 2.0 Programmer's Reference by Kay, which
> I've been using for many years, there is no doc-available() function. I
> have recently seen mention of this function in forums, and it sounded
> very useful, but it confused me because I'd never heard of it. But in my
> Kindle version of the same book copyrighted 2008, it has
> doc-available(). Was this added to the spec between '04 and '08? I've
> been missing out.
>
> Mark

when starting a new thread please don't reply to an existing message
(this message is in the unix epoch thread) the function appeared in
2005, specifically in this working draft:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xpath-functions-20050211/#status

[Just start with the xpath 2 rec and hit "previous version" link until a
search for the function fails.]

  David