List:       xom-interest
Subject:    [XOM-interest] Release early, release often
From:       Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo () metalab ! unc ! edu>
Date:       2002-09-20 19:13:33

I've posted a new version of XOM I'm calling 1.0d2 at the usual location:

http://www.cafeconleche.org/XOM/

This post:

* Cleans up a lot of the source code, including fixing various spelling
   and JavaDoc errors.  It adds more JavaDoc, includes license info in
   the source code, adds version attributes to each class (1.0d2),
   and converts all the source code to UTF-8. Still to be done:
   hunting down and fixing all the long lines of code.

* Fixes the various bugs uncovered by Laurent and Bradley in the
   initial release, especially in the Serializer and Builder.
   The code can now compile against Java 1.4.
   Running against 1.4 may bump into bugs in the version of
   Xerces Sun bundles with 1.4. I recommend you use the endorsed
   classpath mechanism to upgrade Xerces to 2.1.0.

* Changes readAttribute to  getAttributeValue
    and howManyChildren to getChildCount.
    For the moment, there doesn't seem to be a clear
    on the name of the method that returns the string
   representation of a node, so I've left that as is.

Barrring the discovery of more bugs that need an immediate fix,1.0d3
will probably the suggestions John Cowan's been making for
refactoring the Node and TreeNode types into Node and ParentNode.