List:       xmonad
Subject:    Re: [xmonad] [patch] XMonad.Hooks.InsertPosition per workspace
From:       Frank Busse <s8876092 () mail ! zih ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2011-09-08 19:47:25

Hi Adam,

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 12:24:15 -0400
Adam Vogt wrote:

> Thanks for the patch. Your example can be written using
> XMonad.Hooks.ManageHelpers and the existing
> XMonad.Hooks.InsertPosition:
>
> manageHook =
>   composeOne
>     [currentWs =? "5:www" -?> insertPosition Below Older
>      return True          -?> insertPosition Below Newer]
>   <+> myManageHook
sorry, I wasn't aware of currentWs. It's neither in my 0.9.2 version nor
in the online API documentation. But thanks, works well and is much
nicer. (Patch was applied 2009, 0.9.2 was released Dec. 2010?!)

> Let me know if this insertPositionPerWorkspace above can be added
> instead of your patch.
I wouldn't apply the patch at all if we already can achieve this
functionality, maybe cleanup insertPosition.

Kind regards,

Frank