List:       xmms-devel
Subject:    Re: [X11AMP-DEVEL] Playlists with subdirs
From:       Stefan van den Oord <s.m.vandenoord () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       1999-07-16 13:03:14

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, you wrote:
> Better hypothesis, something to test: It doesn't like the \ directory
> separator.  DOS/Windows can handle either \ or / for a directory separator in
> most places, but in *nix, \ is an escape char, and is not recognized as a
> directory separator.  And since WinAmp playlists tend to have C:\ things in
> them anyways (I think?), they're fairly useless in xmms.  However, for WinAmp
> playlists that have all relative pathnames, I suppose it would be nice if xmms
> could detect the \ directory specificaiton and deal with it appropriately,
> although I don't think this is a very high priority.  Making it not segfault
> would be important, though...

You are right: this is about WinAmp playlists with relative
pathnames. But as I said, this has worked before! I believe it even
worked with the last CVS version of x11amp there has ever been...
And it couldn't be too hard now, could it?

About priority: I can only play playlists that contain mp3 files in
their own directory. ALL (!) my other playlists are useless now. I
can't imagine I am the only one. And of course I could write a sed
script that converts my playlist, stores it in /tmp, and then passes
it on to xmms, but it was a year or so ago when I had to do that the
last time. I don't want that anymore. (And no, I cannot change my
playlists, since they are on CD.)

Stefan

--
Stefan van den Oord