List:       xmms-devel
Subject:    [xmms-devel] Legal MP3 Plugin coming soon?
From:       Kris Marsh <moogman () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-04-22 21:20:55

Hi,

I'm not sure whether the community has been notified, but it seems
that Thompson are going to release an XMMS plugin to enable mp3 usage.

Speaking through email, the "official" word is:

"We will shortly release on our web site an XMMS plug in for mp3PRO,
which of course does mp3 as well.  It will have some sort of license
agreement, which is being determined."

-Kris