List:       xmms-devel
Subject:    [xmms-devel] Bidi support for xmms
From:       Shlomi Loubaton <loubaton.shlomi () 012 ! net ! il>
Date:       2004-08-09 19:18:55

Hi,
i have a little request for future xmms versions.
xmms has a problem with displaying Hebrew/Arabic song titles. the characters
are usually displayed using a wrong encoding or get displayed backwards. i
guess that in the future ("beep" player?) this problem wouldn't exist since
using the new GTK libs solves most of the problems. however, for now, xmms is
the best player around.

Lishai Eitan <lishai__AT__hotpop.com> wrote a patch
(http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/xmms-bidi/xmms-1.2.10_bidi.patch.bz2)
for xmms to support Fribidi which fix the problem. I would really like to see
this added to the next stable xmms version and i know many others who would
also like to see it happen.

I cannot stress enough how important this issue for linux newcomers who
(usually) are not able to recompile xmms with the bidi patch.

Note: please CC me since i'm not member of this list.

Regards.
	Shlomil