List:       xmms-devel
Subject:    [xmms-devel] AAC support
From:       JLB <jlb () twu ! net>
Date:       2004-07-11 18:46:01

What is the current preferred way of playing AAC files (like the sort
iTunes uses) with xmms?

In typical Unix fashion, I was able to find a plugin (at
http://aacplugin.sourceforge.net/) that was last updated in 2000 (!!!!!),
and a library (FAAC -- at http://www.audiocoding.com/) that was more
recently updated, but that doesn't mention "xmms" at all in its
distribution files (yes, I grepped case-insensitively for "xmms").
However, a search on Google for the terms 'aac' and 'xmms' yielded nothing
current or apparently working.

What gives?

--
Jessica L. Blank, Systems Administrator, twu.net
Please avoid sending me Word, Excel or PowerPoint attachments.