List:       xmms-devel
Subject:    [xmms-devel] New to the list and a newbies question, sorry 'bout that
From:       thorsten.droell () t-online ! de (thorsten droell)
Date:       2003-10-26 15:08:20

Hi together,

this render_freq function (visualisation plugin) uses 2 channels and 256
frequency bands. I understand that ;-) But i do not have a clue what the
frequency band value means. What's the range of the value, i.e. the min
and max value, or is this a silly question? I wrote a quite simple
plugin which does not more than drawing an openGL polygon for each of
the 256 frequency bands, but i got very big values at the low channels
and small value at the "high" channels. I could not find some hints in
your code (plugin.h) or the doxygen docu.

It would be nice if you can assist me, or give me a hint where to look
at for some help.

thanks a lot

thorsten (who awoke this morning thinking, why not write a xmms vis.
plugin ;-)