List:       xmms-devel
Subject:    [xmms-devel] New to XMMS plugin development
From:       Guy G <spu99ghg () rdg ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2003-04-02 23:50:29

I am just trying to start out in developing visualization plugins for
XMMS, and wondered if anyone would be so kind as to answer a couple of
simple questions I have.
I have tried to make a simple spectrum analyser, using a
render_frequency function which takes as it's input (gint16
freq_data[2][256]).  It all works fine, but when I plot the data, it is
VERY strongly biased towards the lower array elements, and not a
realistic frequency spectrum at all.

I also get a very similar form when I use pcm_data[2][512].  As far as I
was aware, the PCM data, when plotted, should give something like a
waveform.

I obviously need these basic issues sorted out before I can take this
any further and would be most grateful for any help

Guy Griffiths