List:       xmms-devel
Subject:    [XMMS-DEVEL] streaming mp3 files over the web?
From:       Kendall Shaw <queshaw () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2002-09-22 21:36:13

On mac and windows when I click on an mp3 file on a web page, the
player launches and starts playing the file as it's downloading. Is
there a way to have this work with xmms and a web browser (netscape
hopefully) under linux?

Right now, I right click on links and choose copy link location,
switch over to xmms, type crtl+L and paste the link. Then xmms does
it. If I click on the link, netscape downloads the entire file, then
launches xmms.

It works if the link is to an m3u file, but I want it to also work
when the link is to an mp3 file (audio/x-mpeg or audio/x-mp3). Can it
be done?

Kendall