List:       xmlrpc-user
Subject:    RE: problem upgrading from 3.0 to 3.1.2
From:       "Nicholas Hemley" <nic.hemley () sidonis ! com>
Date:       2010-01-05 12:23:40

Hello,

I have diagnosed this problem and it appears that void methods are turned on
if content extensions are turned on.

FYI the following code in the overridden Servlet is a workaround:

/** Creates a new instance of {@link PropertyHandlerMapping} by
	 * {@link #newXmlRpcHandlerMapping()}.
	 */
	@Override
	protected PropertyHandlerMapping newPropertyHandlerMapping(URL url)
throws IOException, XmlRpcException {
        PropertyHandlerMapping mapping = new PropertyHandlerMapping();
        mapping.setAuthenticationHandler(getAuthenticationHandler());
        if (getRequestProcessorFactoryFactory() != null) {

mapping.setRequestProcessorFactoryFactory(getRequestProcessorFactoryFactory(
));
        }
        if (getTypeConverterFactory() != null) {
            mapping.setTypeConverterFactory(getTypeConverterFactory());
        } else {

mapping.setTypeConverterFactory(getXmlRpcServletServer().getTypeConverterFac
tory());
        }
        mapping.setVoidMethodEnabled(false);
        mapping.load(Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader(), url);
        return mapping;
	}

Cheerio,
Nic