List:       xmlrpc-user
Subject:    Re: xmlrpc client crashes with high concurrent requests
From:       Wangdu Gyalpo <wangyalpo () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-11-05 16:55:40

Hi jochen,

thanks for your instant reply. I did what you have suggested(now i have the latest \
release) but still I am facing the problem. currently i am getting the following \
error:  Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
at $Proxy0.add(Unknown Source)
at wangdu.intern.client.AdderClient$AdderClientThread.run(AdderClient.java:135)
Caused by: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Failed to read server's response: \
Connection refused: connect at \
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:161)
 at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcHttpTransport.java:115)
 at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.java:69)
 at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:56)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:167)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:137)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:126)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.util.ClientFactory$1.invoke(ClientFactory.java:135)
... 2 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStream(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.writeRequest(XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.java:104)
 at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:151)

... 9 more

many requests are sent before getting the errors. and continues till the last \
request. although it gets the error, the client continues to get the result for all \
the requests that were successfully send.

It still seems to have some connection breakdown after certain number of requests. \
This is really bugging me! Can you confirm if it is the problem?

as for your suggestion to use fully blown servlet, i would like first to get this \
WebServer working before submerging into servlet engine.

thanks again!