List:       xmlrpc-user
Subject:    Re: XML RPC request/response standards
From:       "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedmann () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-11-13 7:00:43

On Nov 13, 2007 2:33 AM,  <pvishwakarma@sonicwall.com> wrote:

> I want to know if the XML request formed using Apache XML RPC library is
> null-terminated?

It certainly isn't.

> Furthermore, is it a part of XML RPC standards to have null terminated
> request/response?

No. In contrary, the NUL character is explicitly invalid in any XML document.

> The C library our server side team is using just handles null terminated
> requests so not sure if it is part of XML RPC standards or what?

I don't know how your C library works. If it is parsing raw HTTP
requests, then it is wrong. If the C library assumes, for example,
that *you* are parsing the HTTP requests data, delegate it to the
library and terminate the data by adding a NUL character, then that
would work.

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

    -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)