List:       xmlrpc-user
Subject:    Re: Using the Parser
From:       "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedmann () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-10-22 11:10:49

On 10/22/07, John Bellone <john.bellone@flipsidesoftware.com> wrote:

> I wanted to know if there is a feasible way of utilizing the library to
> just parse incoming (and build outgoing) XML-RPC messages. We already
> have the skeleton of the server built and we want to be able to have
> pluggable transport mechanisms instead of being tied down to just
> XML-RPC. The point of the project is to be able to write support for a
> different transport method and have the backend working seperately.
>
> I want to be able to just load a plugin and automatically setup an
> XML-RPC server. Now, I know that I could always use the full Apache
> library but we want don't want to have to register the individual
> methods through the Connection Manager.
>
> We want to pass the XML-RPC call off to another service in the software
> where it will handle dispatching the call and return the result of the
> call (I don't want to have to register each individual method with the
> Apache implementation, that's counter-productive).

The way I did this in a project was to create my own handler mapping,
which returned the same handler for any call. The generic handler
received an object (for example, a list, or a map, depending on the
requests contents). The object was converted (if required) and
transmitted to the actual service.

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

    -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)