List:       xmlrpc-user
Subject:    Re: XmlRpcClient persistent connections
From:       "Stanislav Miklik" <stanislav.miklik () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-29 12:20:46

Hi,

I am using v.2.0.1 also you can search for sources. Only that I need to do
is following:
1. I have my own client as follows:
/**
 * Lite XML RPC client that reuse its transport for more request. Therefore
this
 * class is not threadsafe!
 */
public class LiteClient extends XmlRpcClientLite {

   private XmlRpcTransport transport = null;

   public LiteClient(URL url) {
      super(url);
   }

   @Override
   protected XmlRpcTransport createTransport() {
      if (transport == null) {
         transport = new LiteTransport(this.url);
      }
      return transport;
   }

}
2. I have to copy LiteTransport because (if I remember good) it was not
public.
3. Switch on keepalive not to close the connection after request.

I am not sure if Lite* is included in v3.0, but at least you can see how I
manipulate it to get this behavior.
Hope it will help.

Stano