List:       xmlrpc-user
Subject:    Re: access persistent objects across servlets
From:       Daniel Noll <daniel () nuix ! com ! au>
Date:       2006-10-30 23:27:12

Perry Nguyen wrote:
> I have what is necessary documented for Spring on my blog
> http://www.hanhuy.com/pfn/ws-xmlrpc-and-spring

This is basically the solution I've come to (I had asked basically the
exact same question on the list only a week earlier and got the same
advice to make a custom RequestProcessorFactoryFactory.

Mine looks like this (it's hard to indent here because some of the class
names are reaaaally long. :-))

   public class CustomRequestProcessorFactoryFactory
     extends
       RequestProcessorFactoryFactory.StatelessProcessorFactoryFactory {

     private Map<Class, Object> mappings = new HashMap<Class, Object>();

     public void addMapping(Class clazz, Object object) {
       mappings.put(clazz, object);
     }

     public RequestProcessorFactory getRequestProcessorFactory(
         final Class aClass) throws XmlRpcException {
       return new RequestProcessorFactory() {
         public Object getRequestProcessor(XmlRpcRequest xmlRpcRequest) {
           return mappings.get(aClass);
         }
       };
     }
   }

It's a little laborious still because you have to then double-map any
given URL (String -> Class, Class -> Object)... but a little convenience
wrapper would solve that I suppose. :-)

Although I'm getting some runtime error running version 3.0 which
prevents me from testing it, :-/ it should work in theory.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Pty Ltd