List:       xmlrpc-user
Subject:    RE: XML-RPC security question and Apache implementation
From:       Pannese_Donald () emc ! com
Date:       2006-05-03 17:53:53

Thanks for the info Adam.

-Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Taft [mailto:adam@hydroblaster.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 1:06 PM
To: xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org

Don,

The original Apache code came from the helma source code, you are right.
The young versions of the code (version 1.x) is very similar to the helma
source code.

I use the 1.2b (?) version of the software (ie. a version based on the
Helma source code).  The problem you suggest has been fixed.  I just read
the code that fixes the problem.  Download the source code and read it
yourself.  Look in the Invoker class.

None-the-less, the later versions of the code (version 2.x and 3.x) are
pretty much rewrites from the original code.  That is, there's very little
if any source code the same between the 1.x and the 2.x+ branches.  Again,
download the code and check for yourself.  So, Georg's reply to you was
accurate.

Why are you fanning flames?  It seems like you're trying to pick a fight?

1)  The original code, based on Helma, has the fix in place that you
mention.

2)  Later versions of Apache's XmlRpc code are not based on the Helma
code.

I'm not seeing an issue here.  Remember, this is open source software.  If
you have a question or problem with the source code, you're probably best
to answer these questions yourself by examining the very source code in
question.

Adam