List:       xmlrpc-user
Subject:    Re: xmlrpc server with Apache?
From:       Adam Taft <adam () hydroblaster ! com>
Date:       2005-08-08 17:22:17

The quote says "Web server framework" not "Web server."  The point is,
by itself, Apache won't run any arbitrary java program.

You can do it a few ways, two come to mind:

a)  Try using Apache's mod_proxy to reverse proxy requests to your
standalone webserver.  You would configure Apache on port 80 (or
whatever port you want for your clients to connect to) and your XmlRpc
Webserver on say port 8080.  Apache will proxy requests for you,
essentially you have a stand-alone approach with an Apache wrapper
sitting in front (for dealing with redirects, authentication, and other
uri resources).

b)  You can use a Servlet runner, like Tomcat, JBoss, etc.  These have
their own Apache modules which connect Apache to the java process, which
can then run your xmlrpc server.  If you go this route, you don't
actually want a stand-alone xmlrpc server, instead you are using the
servlet runner's environment to run your code.