List:       xmlrpc-user
Subject:    Re: XMLRPC SSL implementation details
From:       Daniel <dantest () yorku ! ca>
Date:       2005-06-20 17:26:12

Hi,

Further to my previous post:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xmlrpc-user&m=110235999608209&w=2

which only details how to use https globally because of the use of:
   HttpsURLConnection.setDefaultSSLSocketFactory(socketFactory);
(example class at:
http://www.yorku.ca/dkha/docs/xmlrpc/SecureXmlRpcTest.java)

you can create your own XmlRpcTransport implementation that would use
https and have it work "locally" for the app.  An example implementation
can be found here:
http://www.yorku.ca/dkha/docs/xmlrpc/SecureXmlRpcTransport.java

Then you just pass an instance of this class to the
SecureXmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcRequest, XmlRpcTransport) method.

You can easily modify the example driver program SecureXmlRpcTest.java
(above) to see how things work.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Regards,
Daniel