List:       xmlrpc-user
Subject:    SimpleXmlRpcClient
From:       Mike Kline <mkline () cs ! autometric ! com>
Date:       2002-07-30 17:09:27

I was wondering if the following had been reported for the SimpleXmlRpcClient class \
in the applet package.

There are two System.out that are not wrapped in a if(debug) in the contained \
XmlRpcSupport class (execute method).

Also, is the (fault) parameter ever set in the same method.  Some guys we work with \
came up with the following code snippet to check for faults....

class XmlSRpcSupport extends HandlerBase {
.
.
.
    public Object execute (String method, Vector arguments) throws XmlRpcException, \
                IOException {
.
.
.
	    con.setRequestProperty ("Content-Length", Integer.toString (request.length));
	    con.setRequestProperty ("Content-Type", "text/xml");
	    // con.connect ();
	    OutputStream out = con.getOutputStream ();
	    out.write (request);
	    out.flush ();
	    InputStream in = con.getInputStream ();
	    parse (in);
	    if (debug)
		System.out.println ("result = "+result);
//// begin modification
	    if (result instanceof java.util.Hashtable)
	    {
	       if (((Hashtable)result).size() > 0)
	       {
	          if (((Hashtable)result).get("faultCode") != null)
		  {
		     fault = true;
		  }
	       }
	    }
/// end modification

If these are relevant when might I be able to get a release with the fixes.

--
Mike Kline