List:       xmlrpc-user
Subject:    Re: Empty return value
From:       "Phil Wilson" <pipthepixie () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-03-28 20:18:53

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Wilson"
To: <rpc-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 7:29 PM

> The exception does not come from the parser. It comes from XmlRPC.java.

You're right of course; it's been a long day, and the words "MiniML" just
leapt out at me. How could I ever have doubted it? ;)

> I'm a little puzzled as to what you are trying to achieve here. What date
> value do you think should be passed on to the use code?

I was actually expecting the server I connected to to return a dateTime, and
was caught a bit off-guard when an error was thrown. I just thought I'd
enquire here to make sure I wasn't mistaken in thinking that empty values
shouldn't be passed (the server programmer had said to me that it was a grey
area, but that he'd done it anyway).

Thanks for your help!

Phil