List:       xmlrpc-dev
Subject:    Re: RfC: The Apache XML-RPC streaming branch
From:       Scott Lamb <slamb () slamb ! org>
Date:       2005-11-17 22:32:01

On Nov 13, 2005, at 2:16 PM, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> here's now my proposal for Apache XML-RPC 3, called the streaming
> branch. It is an almost complete rewrite and not source compatible.
> (Almost definitely the most important aspect to discuss.)

Hey, I won't actually have time to try this out for quite a while,
but in principle, it sounds wonderful. Screw source compatibility. My
complaints with the old code were:

- It didn't use a standard SAX parser
- It didn't use collections
- It didn't support streaming

and you've fixed those, so I'll happily rework all my XMLRPC-calling
code.

--
Scott Lamb <http://www.slamb.org/>