List:       xmlrpc-dev
Subject:    Re: Suggestion for improving threading, async etc.
From:       Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-13 20:24:53

Holger Hoffstätte wrote:

> I didn't realize the next version ("3.0") was supposed to run on <1.4, or
> even 1.2+ - my misunderstanding.

The streaming branches target platform is, of course, a matter of
dicussion. To me, it looks like this: 1.2 plus JAXB 1.1 is completely
upwards compatible, allows to use the collections framework and any
modern SAX parser. On the other hands, I do not see a true benefit for
XML-RPC on later versions. (The use of java.util.concurrent doesn't seem
to me to be that important.)

Jochen