List:       xmlrpc-dev
Subject:    Re: Bug in MinML?
From:       John Wilson <tug () wilson ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-08-18 13:55:58

On 16 Aug 2005, at 21:21, Christoph Theis wrote:

> Hi John!
>

>> I would really appreciate if you could produce a test which
>> reproduces the problem. I may have already fixed this bug in the
>> latest version of MinML - the version in CVS is a little old.
>>

>> If you can give me a test which reproduces the problem I'll be able
>> to fix it very quickly (I hope!)
>>

> I hoped I could find the example file again, but without success
> sofar. I have to find the time to create an artificial example.
> Fortunately (for xmlrpc) it concerns CDATA only, so that bug is not
> relevant to this project :)

I certainly don't know of any XML-RPC implementation which uses CDATA
sections.

> Another question, because you said that the CVS version is rather old:
> On your website I read that you were planning a MinML version that
> will recognize the encoding. Is it ready to use? I would need a parser
> that will do that and, having MinML, I would love if it already can do
> it and I don't have to hack around it.

I have an experimental version of MinML2 which recognises encodings
(I did it as part of my work on the JSR 172 EG). If you contact me
off-list I will try and dig a copy out for you.

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk