List:       xmlbeans-dev
Subject:    Re: shrinking the runtime?
From:       Cezar Andrei <cezar.andrei () oracle ! com>
Date:       2011-11-22 2:37:57

Marshall,

We thought about trying to split out XMLBeans into a smaller runtime jar, but our \
conclusion was that the entire schema code would have had to be taken out which is \
not useful anymore. The compiler by itself is quite small so there is no size benefit \
if it is taken out.

To be clear, for normal usage, there is no compilation going on at runtime, but \
schema information/type system is required for loading, validation, set/add values in \
the tree etc. at runtime, and this info is the big part of the jar.

Cezar