List:       xmlbeans-dev
Subject:    Re: XmlBeans does not support character encodings other than UTF-8
From:       Mark Swanson <mark () ScheduleWorld ! com>
Date:       2006-09-26 14:08:44

SOLUTION:

src/common/org/apache/xmlbeans/impl/common/EncodingMap.java

         addMapping( "UTF-16BE",      "UTF-16BE",               true  );
         addMapping( "ISO-10646-UCS-2","ISO-10646-UCS-2",       true  );

These are the correct character encoding names for IANA and
Java 1.[4,5,6].

My patched Xmlbeans 2.1.0 works fine now accepting UCS-2 data from a
.NET client. XmlBeans parses it properly and is capable of sending back
properly encoded (proper prologue too) UCS-2 result.

I verified the character encoding with a tcp monitor.

The EncodingMap setup could be a little smarter by using the code I
posted (to find the character encoding aliases) to register more Java
aliases, but it's likely that folks will always be able to make their
code work with what's available...

Please accept my patch for XmlBeans.

Cheers.

--
Free replacement for Exchange and Outlook (Contacts and Calendar)
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/tg/