List:       xmlbeans-dev
Subject:    Ant build Error
From:       "Butt, Ian" <ibutt () metasolv ! com>
Date:       2005-08-29 18:23:58

I am getting the error below every time I try and compile my XML schema into XML beans.  This error only arises after the initial build is done and I make modifications to my XML schema.  I have cleaned up my classes, beansrc directories but still get this error.  If I copy my schema over to another directory this problem goes away, i.e. make a copy in a different directory and modify my build script to look there instead.  I am completely stumped why it works the first time and every time after I make additional changes it doesn't.

Thanks

Ian

Error:

/vobs/OSA/tornado/java/guibuild.xml:46: org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.jam.internal.ja
vadoc.JavadocClassloadingException: An error has occurred while invoking javadoc
 to inspect your source
files.  This may be due to the fact that $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar does
not seem to be in your system classloader.  One common case in which
this happens is when using the 'ant' tool, which uses a special
context classloader to load classes from tools.jar.

This situation elicits what is believed to a javadoc bug in the initial
release of JDK 1.5.  Javadoc attempts to use its own context classloader
tools.jar but ignores one that may have already been set, which leads
to some classes being loaded into two different classloaders.  The
telltale sign of this problem is a javadoc error message saying that
'languageVersion() must return LanguageVersion - you might see this
message in your process' output.

This will hopefully be fixed in a later release of JDK 1.5; if a new
version of 1.5 has become available, you might be able to solve this
by simply upgrading to the latest JDK.

Alternatively, you can work around it by simply including
$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar in the java -classpath
parameter.  If you are running ant, you will need to modify the standard
ant script to include tools.jar in the -classpath.