List:       xmlbeans-dev
Subject:    Re: enumerate XmlBeans.getContextTypeLoader()
From:       Mark Swanson <mark () ScheduleWorld ! com>
Date:       2005-08-20 14:43:49

Radu Preotiuc-Pietro wrote:
> This is kind of on purpose. How do you find out what Java classes are
> contained in a jar? You have to crack the jar open and poke into it. We
> basically do not want to constrain the method you use to get access to
> your types: as long as they are available in the current classloader,
> it's totally transparent how they got there.
>
> The way I would do it is: compile the schemas using the API
> (XmlBeans.compileXmlBeans()) instead of using "scomp", get a
> SchemaTypeSystem back and call .globalElements() and .globalTypes() on
> it.
>
> But if you insist on using the jar, then look in it more closely and you
> will be able to figure out where all the names are stored, it's just
> that you will be in "unsupported - do at your own risk" territory at
> that point :-)

Got it. Thanks for the info.

I'll fallback to the compileXmlBeans() suggestion if I need to. Atm I'm
getting the SchemaTypeSystem from the specific XmlObject(s) used in the
document/literal web service and using the .globalElements() etc.. code
sample provided in the javadocs (SchemaTypeSystem if I remember
correctly). If this works the Axis/XmlBeans integration will work
perfectly. Will post next week if it does.

Cheers.

--
Free replacement for Exchange and Outlook (Contacts and Calendar)
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/