List:       xmlbeans-dev
Subject:    Re: XmlBeansSerializer and Axis 1.3
From:       Mark Swanson <mark () ScheduleWorld ! com>
Date:       2005-07-23 14:10:04

David Jencks wrote:
> In the geronimo axis port we use the xmlbeans schema type model to
> analyze the wsdl schemas and relate the types to what is in the jaxrpc
> mapping file.  Basically we create a map whose keys are the "qname"
> used in the jaxrpc-mapping file with the other info in a
> java-xml-type-mapping entry and the value is the corresponding xmlbeans
> SchemaType.

Thanks for the info! I'm starting to gather that the SchemaTypeSystem
that the XmlBeansSerializer uses to dynamically generate the wsdl could
also be used to dynamically map all of the qnames to java classes. Neat.

Aside: XmlBeans is so nice to use. I'm seeing it used a fair bit with
HTTP POST to remove the SOAP stack from the equation. The SOAP stack
doesn't provide a single useful feature except so the java and .net
folks can 'create client from wsdl'. With so many interoperability
problems and buggy SOAP implementations it hardly seems worth it. Too
bad the .net IDE can't create a client service given an XSD/element as
the single argument for the HTTP POST data and an XSD/element for the
return type. With that I could delete the SOAP stack and save myself a
lot of headache.

Cheers.

--
Free replacement for Exchange and Outlook (Contacts and Calendar)
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/