List:       xmlbeans-dev
Subject:    RE: Proposal for xmlbeanscxx
From:       Heidi Buelow <heidi.buelow () roguewave ! com>
Date:       2005-05-24 17:55:16

We had this same concern and after having had some time to look things over,
came to the conclusion that the originally planned code contribution was too
different.  We sent an updated proposal that addresses this [1].

> - Have you found contributors outside rougue wave yet?  That would be
> healthy.

I agree!  We've had some interest voiced but no volunteers yet.

> - I interested in how a C++ version would work - would it take basically
> the strategy of generating C++ methods that cache values
> based on pulling from a stored XML infoset?  Or would you try to
> find ways to avoid storing the infoset?

Ah.  Good question.  Sometimes you do want to avoid storing the infoset.
But not always.  I think this is a good issue to discuss once the project is
underway.

> An example of what you have in mind (e.g., as how the generated code
> might be structured) might help clarify.

Our goal with this project is to be as compatible with the Java version as
possible, both architecturally and in the API.  Does that help?

Heidi.

1.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlbeans-dev/200505.mbox/%3cC398496
DF88AD711908C00065BEEE32C0147377F@dfwmail.quovadx.com%3e