List:       xmlbeans-dev
Subject:    RE: Can we support value like y and n for boolean?
From:       "Jacob Danner" <jacobd () bea ! com>
Date:       2004-11-11 22:41:14

My guess is that you should make it a string and validate after
converting it in your code.
The XML Schema spec states the values an xsd:boolean type is allowed to
have. Anything else is not a boolean and will not be valid according to
the definining schema.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#boolean
The link above notes this, take a peek.
Also, which toolkits are you referring to that allow this?
-Jacobd