List:       xmlbeans-dev
Subject:    Board Report for June-Sep
From:       "Cliff Schmidt" <cliff () bea ! com>
Date:       2004-09-19 23:50:24

As a TLP, the PMC owes the Board a quarterly report; our
first is due tomorrow/Monday, two days before the Board
meeting (sorry for the late notice).

I'd particularly like to know what people think about
some of the items I listed for intentions next quarter.

I'm intending on sending this off in 24 hours: 5 PM (PST)
Monday.  In the future, I'll try to give at least three
days notice.

NOTE: this post is primarily relevant to PMC members,
for which we have a separate private list; however,
I'm assuming that it is better to add a couple more
emails in dev@ subscribers' inboxes and keep the whole
community involved, rather than handle it only on the
private PMC list.

Cliff

XMLBEANS PMC REPORT: July - September 2004
  - updated all files (readme's, url references
    site docs) to reflect Incubator graduation.
  - TODO: move from cvs: xml-xmlbeans
          to http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlbeans
  - TODO: xmlbeans charter
2. Created v1.0.3 release after graduation
3. Added two new committers
4. Confirmed to have XMLBeans tutorial and session
   at ApacheCon US 2004
5. Agreed on process for voting on new committers.
   Nominations and forthcoming vote are announced
   publicly (dev list).  Most discussion occurs
   on dev list.  However, pmc list is where actual
   votes are posted.  Results posted on -dev list.
6. Thanks to Vadim Gritsenko, we now have site stats
   on http://www.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/projects/xmlbeans.html.
7. Hosted the second annual XMLBeans BOF at OSCON.
8. Participated in JavaOne panel on Java-XML binding.

Intentions for next quarter:
1. Get XMLBeans charter agreed on and approved
2. Get a project logo
3. Work with XML community to define XML federation
4. Release new distribution, either another v1
   update or an early-release of v2
5. Use ApacheCon to further cultivate active
   developer community (future committers).
   We're out of the Incubator and doing well with
   community, but we could still improve the diversity
   of those who are actively contributing/committing
   code.
6. Discuss when we will be ready to move to svn.
   Latest consensus was to wait until next major
   release.