List:       xmlbeans-dev
Subject:    Re: Using JUnit for testing
From:       robert burrell donkin <rdonkin () apache ! org>
Date:       2004-05-24 21:57:06

On 20 May 2004, at 22:34, Eric Vasilik wrote:

> XmlBeans uses the thread context class loader for finding compiled
> schemas.  Perhaps this is not being set up properly?

what we've ended up doing (in the components i work on in the jakarta
commons which need to be able to operate in both container environments
and applications with other classloader arrangements) is to try the
context classloader first but then to fall back to the class
classloader (if the resource cannot be found by the context
classloader). this should work in those occasions when the context
classloader hasn't been set up properly and i can't think of any times
whether this strategy would be buggy (but maybe other people can). if
xml-bean isn't doing this right now, then maybe it'd be worth a try...

- robert