List:       xmlbeans-dev
Subject:    Re: CVS Write Access questions
From:       Aleksander Slominski <aslom () cs ! indiana ! edu>
Date:       2004-05-16 16:05:55

Berin Lautenbach wrote:

> Dutta Satadip wrote:
>
>> I changed the CVS root to
>> :ext:dutta@cvs_apache_pk:/home/cvs
>>
>> Where cvs_apache_pk = saved session
>>
>> Authentication = ssh
>> ports rsh = plink
>>

> Never seen that one - but if it works, cool!

hi,

i use Cygwin ssh and i do not have enough experienc with plink.

>> The CVS checkout worked out fine. However when I try
>> to write something to the repository I am still
>> getting the
>> cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access
>> to the repository
>>

> Are you working in a local copy that was previously checked out
> (before you had set up SSH)?  You might want to delete the directory
> structure entirely and then try your checkout/commit again.  (cvs
> keeps information about the repository in the directory structure, so
> configuration changes such as you describe above are ignored for
> pre-existing directories.)

i would definitely try in a new directory ...

the other approach you may try is to download TortoiseCVS and try to
checkout xml-xmlbeans into a new directory: after installtion and
restart click right button on directory and choose CVS Checkout, set
CVSROOT and give module name xml-xmlbeans and it shoudl work ...

best,

alek