List:       xmlbeans-dev
Subject:    RE: [VOTE][RESULT] Release of incubating-xmlbeans-1.0.2
From:       "Cliff Schmidt" <cliff () bea ! com>
Date:       2004-04-22 18:07:54

And here's the official line on what it means to be incubating
(included in the README file):

Apache XMLBeans is an effort undergoing incubation at the
Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the XML project.
Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a
further review indicates that the infrastructure, communications,
and decision making process have stabilized in a manner consistent
with other successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not
necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of the
code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully
endorsed by the ASF.