List:       xmlbeans-dev
Subject:    streaming validation
From:       Scott Ziegler <zieg () bea ! com>
Date:       2004-03-27 1:41:58

FYI,

I just added a utility called svalidate to the bin directory and a
supporting class that wraps Cezar's ValidatingXMLStreamReader in a
shell script.  The syntax is the same as validate, though it requires a
jsr 173 implementation (currently the RI).  Benefits of svalidate over
validate include about a 20% speedup for large documents and an ability
to validate documents that will not fit in memory (barring schema
constructs that require keeping large amounts of state).  I whipped up
a very simple schema representing an unbounded list of addresses, and
was able to validate a 1GB document in a 32MB heap.   I did write a
.cmd version of the tool but I did not test it (sorry linux env here).

--Scott