List:       xmlbeans-dev
Subject:    RE: v1: efficient detecting if XML can be mapped to XmlPbject ...
From:       "Eric Vasilik" <ericvas () bea ! com>
Date:       2004-03-22 17:21:10

Yes, getFullJavaName will return the name of the class which implements
that type.

Calling findElement will return a SchemaGlobalElement, representing the
global element definition for schemas on your path.  You can get the
SchemaType from this with getType().

For every global element XmlBeans synthesizes a "Document Type".  The
document type is simply a type which has a content model which allows
for a single element of the name of the corresponding element.  This is
the type associated with the Document node of a document (as opposed to
the document element).

Every generated document type statically contains the type of the
element from which it was generated.  Thus, FooDocument.Foo.type should
be the same SchemaType that findElement( "Foo" ).getType() returns.

So, you need only call one of these fcns, but you need to know whether
you need the type of the global element, or the type of documents which
can contain this element.

- Eric