List:       xml4lib
Subject:    [XML4Lib] OAIster with SRU
From:       pwillett () umich ! edu (Perry Willett)
Date:       2006-04-03 16:03:05

We have added SRU functionality to OAIster, the OAI metadata collection for
digital repositories at <http://www.oaister.org>.

ExLibris has already included a "connector" to OAIster in the latest update
to MetaLib. (Apparently ExLibris neglected to include it in the Excel
spreadsheet that accompanies the update.)

Our implementation has the lowest level of SRU functionality (level 0),
providing keyword searching. As we gain more experience, we may add fielded
and Boolean searching, and also add other databases, such as the
Bibliography of Asian Studies.

See <http://hti.umich.edu/cgi/s/sru/sru?version=1.1&operation=explain> for
our explain info, and <http://oaister.umdl.umich.edu/o/oaister/sru.html> for
more information about our implementation. Please let us know if you have
any questions.

Perry Willett
Head, Digital Library Production Service
300 Hatcher North
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor MI 48109-1205
Ph: 734-764-8074