List:       xml4lib
Subject:    [XML4Lib] simple sru client
From:       ehs () pobox ! com (Edward Summers)
Date:       2005-08-09 10:14:21

On Aug 9, 2005, at 8:50 AM, Eric Lease Morgan wrote:
> I have written a very simple SRU client against her SRU server. It
> is nothing but an HTML form combined with an optional XSLT
> stylesheet. It is intended to demonstrate how the S in SRU could
> stand for the word simple. See:
>
>    http://mylibrary.ockham.org/simple/

Speaking of Perl and SRU Brian Cassidy at nald.ca just added a
Catalyst [1] plugin for the SRU CPAN module [2] which provides a
framework for creating SRU servers. Catalyst is a MVC framework for
Perl that has been gaining some traction over the past year. You get
the plugin when you download the SRU module from CPAN.

[1] http://search.cpan.org/dist/Catalyst/
[2] http://search.cpan.org/dist/SRU
[3] http://search.cpan.org/~bricas/SRU-0.89/lib/Catalyst/Plugin/SRU.pm

//Ed