List:       xml-security-dev
Subject:    RE: Can I set the BaseURI to empty?
From:       "Scott Cantor" <cantor.2 () osu ! edu>
Date:       2007-08-14 15:58:12

> Well, that's the thing, isn't it - a vicious circle. E.g., I am not new to
> XML nor cryptography (my topic is network security), but very new to XML
> Security... and if people don't find their way into the lib, they will
> hardly be able to contribute. No offense was meant, Scott, I am sure the
> developers do their best.

None was taken, but people constantly ask for docs here and on the OpenSAML list, and \
I always feel compelled to note that nobody ever provides any. Most open source \
libraries suffer from this problem (try using OpenSSL sometime).

> Tell you what, as soon as I've finished this project of mine here (my
> Master's thesis), I'll give it a try and compile my samples into something
> useful and see if I can add a bit of documentation, tutorial or FAQ-like.

It would be welcome, but the best documentation is the specification, which isn't \
long. I didn't find the library too hard to pick up after I read the spec several \
times. Had the Javadocs been accurate, it would have been enough.

> Though the JavaDoc, obviously, should be done by the developers.

That I agree with, and there's no excuse for that. I was speaking of high level docs \
and samples.

-- Scott