List:       xml-security-dev
Subject:    Getting the hash and calculating the signature value by other means
From:       "Elvira Rubio" <elvirarubioo () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-21 11:27:19

Hello,

     I need to implement a signature in such a way that before signing a
document,
I have to obtain the document digest, then I sign it by means of any
external module, such as a hardware one, and then
I set the signature value to a XMLSignature object.

Is it possible to accomplish that with the library? Is there any way of
setting the document to sign,
getting the document hash value
before signing, and then, setting the calculated signature value, without
carrying out the signing
process?

Thank you very much in advance.

Marina.