List:       xml-security-dev
Subject:    Problem building xml-security-c-1.1.0 suite on Solaris 2.8
From:       "Satyaprabh kathooria" <satyaprabh () infosys ! com>
Date:       2004-12-31 4:46:59

Hi

I am getting problem building xml-security-c-1.1.0 suite on Solaris 2.8.
Running configure itself exits with an error for XERCESCROOT (Refer
console messages below). However my XERCESCROOT is pointing to the
correct location of Xerces 2.3 installation.

I am using gcc 3.2 on Solaris 2.8 box.

Where am I going wrong?

Regards
Satya

$ ./configure --prefix=/home/porting/satya/dsig/project
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out checking
whether the C compiler works... yes checking whether we are cross
compiling... no checking for suffix of executables...
checking for suffix of object files... o checking whether we are using
the GNU C compiler... yes checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed checking whether
we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes checking whether g++ accepts
-g... yes checking for a BSD-compatible install...
/home/porting/satya/dsig/xml-security-c-1.1.0/src/install-sh
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for autoconf... true
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E checking how to run the
C++ preprocessor... g++ -E checking for Intel compiler disguised as
GNU... no checking for floor in -lm... yes checking for egrep... egrep
checking for ANSI C header files... yes checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes checking for stdlib.h... yes checking for
string.h... yes checking for memory.h... yes checking for strings.h...
yes checking for inttypes.h... yes checking for stdint.h... no checking
for unistd.h... yes checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes checking
direct.h usability... no checking direct.h presence... no checking for
direct.h... no checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8 checking for Xerces
2.x headers in XERCESCROOT/src... no checking for Xerces 2.x headers in
system includes... configure: error: Xerces 2.0 not found.  Ensure
XERCESCROOT points to base directory of Xerces and Xerces 2.0 or later
is available