List:       xml-dev
Subject:    Re: [xml-dev] RE: The limits of XML mean the limits of my data world
From:       "Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex" <gerrit.imsieke () le-tex ! de>
Date:       2022-05-31 10:04:22

The overlap of music enthusiasts and the XML enthusiasts seems to be
significant!

<!-- Created with Inkscape (http://www.inkscape.org/) -->
<svg
    width="210mm"
    height="297mm"
    viewBox="0 0 210 297"
    version="1.1"
    id="svg5"
    xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
   <defs
      id="defs2" />
   <g
      id="layer1">
     <circle
        style="fill:#ffe680;stroke:#aa0000;stroke-width:0.264583"
        id="path67"
        cx="66.625305"
        cy="91.314789"
        r="25.234108" />
     <circle
        style="fill:#f4d7d7;stroke:#aa0000;stroke-width:0.264583"
        id="path113"
        cx="94.945602"
        cy="90.951706"
        r="17.246332" />
     <path
        id="path67-8"
        style="fill:#d7e3f4;stroke:#aa0000;stroke-width:0.264583"
        d="m 86.402338,75.596883 a 17.246332,17.246332 0 0 0
-8.884727,15.074016 17.246332,17.246332 0 0 0 9.261967,15.273491
25.234108,25.234108 0 0 0 4.898409,-14.910207 25.234108,25.234108 0 0 0
-5.275649,-15.4373 z" />
     <text
        style="font-size:10px;font-family:sans-serif"
        x="59.182148"
        y="93.311737"
        id="text1313"><tspan
          id="tspan1311"
          style="stroke-width:0.264583"
          x="59.182148"
          y="93.311737">♪</tspan></text>
     <text
        style="font-size:10px;font-family:sans-serif"
        x="93.133247"
        y="90.770172"
        id="text1505"><tspan
          id="tspan1503"
          style="stroke-width:0.264583"
          x="93.133247"
          y="90.770172">&lt;/&gt;</tspan></text>
     <text
        style="font-size:10px;font-family:sans-serif"
        x="80.966995"
        y="94.400986"
        id="text1819"><tspan
          id="tspan1817"
          style="fill:#ff0000;stroke-width:0.264583"
          x="80.966995"
          y="94.400986">❤</tspan></text>
   </g>
</svg>

On 31.05.2022 11:36, Christophe Marchand wrote:
> [...]
>>>      >
>>>      >      > Various forms of database are better at expressing other
>>>     layouts
>>>      >     of atomic and relational data.
>>>      >
>>>      >     Again, that might well be true but the concept of a table is
>>>      >     expressible in XML.
>>>      >
>>>      >     Thank you Peter, Dimitre, and Gerrit but you haven't (yet)
>>>     convinced
>>>      >     me that there are concepts that are outside the realm of
>>> concepts
>>>      >     expressible using the language called XML.
>>>      >
>>>      >     A friend of mine is Chinese and today I asked her: "Are there
>>>      >     concepts that you can express in English that you cannot
>>>     express in
>>>      >     Chinese?" She responded, "Yes, there are concepts in
>>> English for
>>>      >     which there is no equivalent in Chinese." (The reverse is
>>>     also true
>>>      >     -- there are concepts that can be expressed in Chinese that
>>>     cannot
>>>      >     be expressed in English.)
>>>      >
>>>      >     Are there concepts in data language XYZ that cannot be
>>>     expressed in
>>>      >     the data language we call XML? What are the boundaries of the
>>>      >     language we call XML, in terms of concepts that can be
>>> expressed?
>>>      >     How does the XML language bound (limit) ones thinking
>>> about data?
>>>      >
>>>      >     /Roger
>>>      >

>>> --
>>> Cheers,
>>> Dimitre Novatchev
>>> ---------------------------------------
>>> Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
>>> ---------------------------------------
>>> To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk
>>> -------------------------------------
>>> Never fight an inanimate object
>>> -------------------------------------
>>> To avoid situations in which you might make mistakes may be the
>>> biggest mistake of all
>>> ------------------------------------
>>> Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
>>> -------------------------------------
>>> You've achieved success in your field when you don't know whether
>>> what you're doing is work or play
>>> -------------------------------------
>>> To achieve the impossible dream, try going to sleep.
>>> -------------------------------------
>>> Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
>>> -------------------------------------
>>> Typing monkeys will write all Shakespeare's works in 200yrs.Will they
>>> write all patents, too? :)
>>> -------------------------------------
>>> Sanity is madness put to good use.
>>> I finally figured out the only reason to be alive is to enjoy it.

Gerrit Imsieke
Geschäftsführer / Managing Director
le-tex publishing services GmbH
Weissenfelser Str. 84, 04229 Leipzig, Germany
Phone +49 341 355356 110, Fax +49 341 355356 510
gerrit.imsieke@le-tex.de, http://www.le-tex.de

Geschäftsführer / Managing Directors:
Gerrit Imsieke, Svea Jelonek, Thomas Schmidt