List:       xml-dev
Subject:    [xml-dev] Re: [xquery-talk] [xml-dev] Mistakes made in the design of XQuery 3.1
From:       Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-05-13 8:35:51

On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 5:25 PM, daniela florescu <dflorescu@me.com> wrote:

> > You can be assured that we had lively debates on this topic,
>
> After "living" in the XQuery W3C working group for 15 years….. I don't
> doubt you had. I am just happy I was not there.
>
> But, sorry, W3C took the wrong decision: in one instant with this
> decision, you lost the JSON community.

Is this not a variant of the Worse is Better argument (or did I not
properly understand that essay...... probably).

The issue with many JSON people is that they don't seem to acknowledge the
need for interoperability with XML so the utility of a "bilingual language"
probably doesn't resonate.

Without wishing to appear informed can I ask a question.

Was the Crockfordesque faction represented in the composition of the WG or
was it (of necessity) a bunch of XML people talking about how to support
JSON?