List:       xml-dev
Subject:    [xml-dev] This is what =?iso-8859-1?b?abRt?= trying to do.
From:       "Lic. Daniel Alfredo Betancourt Reboso" <dabet () infosol ! gtm ! sld ! cu>
Date:       2004-09-20 20:01:02

Hi:
Thank´s for the answer.

This is what i´m trying to do:

A Web service that uses a Database System and retrieve information from it into
a web page. And allow updates and modification to the database through a web
page, and keep the fundamentals of a Database  (Integrity, and so on you all
know).

All this taking into account that there are a few PC´s old hardware at my work
who need to be connected to the web service.

I´m looking a plataformfor independent technology. I´m toward XML and Java.

At the beginning I thought of PHP and MySQL, but it is some how a plataform
dependent, isn´t it?. Any way, Java and XML are much more future like languajes
and has many advantages I might use to make portable and scalable my product.

I would like to use a database system that runs independently with Java or with
XML, is there any?

Any coments or ideas to improve my intends?
Regards....
Daniel...