List:       xml-dev
Subject:    [xml-dev] Standards and Colonies
From:       "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <len.bullard () intergraph ! com>
Date:       2004-06-29 14:31:34

http://news.com.com/When+standards+don%27t+apply/2100-1013_3-5250780.html?ta
g=nefd.lede

He who colonizes fastest and uses the most luminaries wins.

Why would I want to use SVG when there is a VML dll in every
installation of IE, it does 80% of what I need with 0% of
the cost of a plugin, it never changes and if MS decided to
support SVG (unlikely but stranger things have happened),
the transformation is quick and painless?

Standards have no meaning.  Only standards organizations have meaning
and sometimes they don't either. ;-)

len