List:       xml-dev
Subject:    XTech 2001 (was RE: Who will maintain SAX)
From:       "Arnold, Curt" <Curt.Arnold () hyprotech ! com>
Date:       2000-09-29 22:24:14

At last year's XTech was announced that it was going to be in Austin, TX in March.  \
Knowledge Technologies 2001 is in Austin about the same time, so I'd guess that it \
must be a renamed XTech.

http://www2.gca.org/knowledgetechnologies/

It would be nice to know exactly what "Knowledge Technologies" is going to be.  I \
know that XTech 2000's attendance probably didn't meet GCA's goals and my guess is \
that Extreme XML probably didn't either and that they are trying to find a way to \
bump the attendance of the harder core conferences

I took a tutorial at XML 1999 and attended XTech 2000.  For shear spectacle, you \
probably couldn't beat XML 2000, however XTech 2000's conference material was much \
more significant in my opinion (though a much smaller target audience).

If Knowledge Technologies isn't going to be roughly equivalent to XTech, I'd like to \
know now to rethink skipping XML 2000.